Did you know that a mobile website can help sell your home? According to Mobile Marketing Association Asia 5.1 billion people own a cell phone. The world population is 7 billion people. More and more consumers are shopping via their mobile phones. A recent statistic says 91% of all smart phone users have their phone within arm’s reach 24/7 – (Morgan Stanley, 2012).
Mobile marketing will account for 15.2% of global online ad spend by 2016. (Berg Insight, 2012). Having a mobile web site allows for your property to come up higher in a mobile search and be viewed more easily on a mobile device such as an iPad, iPhone or Android device. Go ahead and type in the website address of this site on your mobile device to see what it looks like.
Mobile consumers are more ready to act too. 70% of all mobile searches result in action within 1 hour. 70% of online searches result in action in one month. (Mobile Marketer, 2012). Search Engine Land found that 9 out of 10 mobile searches lead to action, over half leading to purchase. (Search Engine Land, 2012).
If your home isn’t being advertised on a mobile device you are missing out. Mobile marketing produces more immediate responses, and a higher response rate, than any other marketing method. So, are you ready to list today and get effective marketing for your home?
Hide your garbage can – One of the first projects that you can undertake is moving your kitchen garbage can to an out-of-sight place, like under your sink. This is a simple project that you can undertake yourself, and will help simplify your kitchen’s look, on top of increasing your floor space. You can also take this as an opportunity to consider whether or not you’d like to try your hand at going green. Consider making a separate hidden bin under your sink for recycling.
Under-cabinet lighting – Under-cabinet lighting is an easy way to add some ambiance to your kitchen. You can install strip-lighting under your cabinets yourself, or hire a contractor to install a few. This will serve to highlight certain aspects of your kitchen, which can’t really be done by relying solely on overhead lighting.
Tile backsplash – Installing tile in the area between your cabinets and cupboards will make cleanup nice and easy, while adding a bit more style to your kitchen.
Solid surface countertops – This is one of the big remodels, but it is also one of the most beneficial. If you live in a home with laminate countertops, then it may be time to consider upgrading to something a little more style-conscious and useful, like granite or marble.
For more ideas, visit http://www.houzz.com/photos/kitchen.
Who wouldn’t like to pay off the mortgage early? Getting rid of mortgage debt will allow you the security and the psychological benefit of owning your home free and clear. There are lots of ways to accomplish these goals. Here are some suggestions on ways to get rid of your mortgage debt. Compare the options and do what works best for you.
1. Add more money to your monthly payment. This will help pay down the principal balance shortening the length of your loan. When you pay more on your principal is gets lower, and the lower your principal gets, the more every payment from then on is applied to principal, as less goes to cover interest expense.
2. Refinance. Refinance your mortgage to 10, 15 or 20 years. Your payments will be higher on a 15-year loan, but often the rate is lower and the loan is paid off much quicker. If you are afraid to take out a 15- year loan take out a 30-year loan, but make payments as if you had a 15-year loan.
3. Make biweekly payments. Most banks have a biweekly payment plan. Since there are 52 weeks in the year if you pay half your regular mortgage payment every other week, you’ll have made 26 half-payments, or 13 payments.
There are options when it comes to owning your home free and clear. Just decide which one works for you and be on your way to being mortgage free.
This Single-Family in Wilmington, MA recently sold for $619,900.
This is a Colonial style home and features 8 total rooms, 3 full baths, 1 half bath, 4 bedrooms, 0.58 acres, and was sold by
Janet Laughead – CENTURY 21 Commonwealth
Boston, MA Listing AlertsBoston, MA - $2,500 - Rentals - - Rooms:3 - Beds:1 - Baths:131 minutes agoBoston, MA - $3,000 - Rentals - - Rooms:4 - Beds:2 - Baths:147 minutes agoBoston, MA - $397,900 - Condo - 2/3 Family - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:151 minutes agoBoston, MA - $459,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:3 - Baths:1/152 minutes agoBoston, MA - $2,100 - Rentals - - Rooms:5 - Beds:1 - Baths:155 minutes ago
Wellesley, MA Listing AlertsWellesley, MA - $2,295,000 - Single-Family - Colonial, Contemporary - Rooms:12 - Beds:5 - Baths:5/354 minutes agoWellesley, MA - $4,000 - Rentals - - Rooms:6 - Beds:2 - Baths:22 hours agoWellesley, MA - $2,850,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:13 - Beds:6 - Baths:6/24 hours agoWellesley, MA - $850 - Commercial - Year Built:0 - Acres:0.08Wellesley, MA - $1,795,000 - Single-Family - Colonial, Other - Rooms:11 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/1
Needham, MA Listing AlertsNeedham, MA - $599,900 - Single-Family - Bungalow - Rooms:6 - Beds:3 - Baths:22 hours agoNeedham, MA - $910,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/14 hours agoNeedham, MA - $3,750 - Rentals - - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/14 hours agoNeedham, MA - $519,000 - Condo - Townhouse - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:2/16 hours agoNeedham, MA - $1,499,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:12 - Beds:5 - Baths:68 hours ago
- Utah university taps into Boston's office of New Urban Mechanics network July 28, 2014Boston and Utah might seem worlds apart, but the two places are now a little closer together thanks to a recently announced partnership.
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston July 28, 2014A storm system that wreaked havoc across the eastern half of the U.S. spawned a tornado just north of Boston on Monday, causing extensive damage in Revere, where roofs were ripped off buildings and dozens of large trees were uprooted.
- Tornado damages city north of Boston July 28, 2014A storm system that wreaked havoc across the eastern half of the U.S. spawned a tornado just north of Boston on Monday, causing extensive damage in Revere, where roofs were ripped off buildings and dozens of large trees were uprooted.
- Tornado strikes Revere, Massachusetts - just north of Boston July 28, 2014A tornado touched down just seven miles north of downtown Boston this morning, as a sharp cold front approached eastern New England .
- Six ideas Boston should emulate, and Praxis in one of them July 28, 2014In his Messages for Boston column, Dante Ramos cites Penn Praxis as one example of a new model for the Hub, which has a new mayor, an improving economy, and an enthusiastic outlook.
- Utah university taps into Boston's office of New Urban Mechanics network July 28, 2014
- Arthur M. Blank Center, Babson College, Wellesley, Massachusetts July 28, 2014Money magazine entered the college-ranking game on Monday, declaring the little-known Babson College as the nation's "best bang for your buck" university.
- Wellesley summer makeover July 27, 2014It's good to be in the construction field this summer in Wellesley. The town's makeover includes the new maintenance and other facilities at Wellesley Country Cub, a sports complex rehab at Wellesley College, sprucing up of downtown buildings, church work, Wellesley Middle School fixer-upper, a new dorm at Babson, Hunnewell Elementary School ... (m […]
- Brookline Third 'Snobbiest' Small City in America July 26, 2014If you feel like Wellesley and Newton just aren't snooty enough for you, maybe you should move to Brookline.
- Introducing Tracksmith, A New Performance Running Brand Out Of Wellesley July 26, 2014Tracksmith, a New England-based running company, launches today. Tracksmith offers premium performance apparel rooted in New England's running culture and timeless style.
- No Cheers, only Jeers July 25, 2014The Bourne Board of Selectmen could have shown real courage and leadership Tuesday night by allowing unaccompanied immigrant children to live temporarily at the Upper Cape base, but they succumbed to fear and scare tactics from an ignorant vocal minority.
- Jessica Goepfert photo July 25, 2014Jessica Goepfert is the director of consulting and custom research for the IDC Insights business units covering Energy, Financial, and Government.
- Crosswalk Renovations Coming to Wellesley Hills July 25, 2014Pedestrian crosswalks in Wellesley Hills along Washington Street will begin to be replaced and renovated starting July 28, reported Wellesley police on their website.
- Survey Says: Wellesley Ranked Among Top Ten Best Communities in MA July 23, 2014GoLocalWorcester this week announced its third annual Best Communities in Massachusetts List.
- Police chiefs blast Senate over gun provision July 22, 2014Top police officials from Boston and other Massachusetts communities today blasted the state Senate for watering down gun control legislation by stripping a provision aimed at keeping rifles and shotguns out of the hands of dangerous people.
- Non-stop North 40 action in Wellesley July 21, 2014While community gardeners and regular visitors to the North 40 continue to do their thing, the area is being discovered by more and more people in town as various organizations seek to boost awareness.
- Arthur M. Blank Center, Babson College, Wellesley, Massachusetts July 28, 2014
- Head for the Coast at Volante Farms July 25, 2014As part of the Dinner in the Field series, Volante Farms is hosting "Heading for the Coast" on Thursday, July 31, at 6 p.m. They are welcoming back favorite partner Island Creek Oysters and Truro Vineyards.
- WashU student charged with DWI, hit-and-run July 25, 2014A 22-year-old student at Washington University in St. Louis has been charged with assault and drunken driving in a hit-and-run that injured two classmates.
- Needham Library is 'Off the Shelf' July 24, 2014Did you know that, in addition to the online databases available through the State of Massachusetts and the Minuteman Library Network, the Needham Free Public Library provides Needham residents free home access to several other online databases? Consumer Reports is the most popular database that is used by Needham residents.
- EH&E and Brigham and Women's Hospital win IFMA Excellence Award for advancing fire, life safety in construction practices July 23, 2014NEEDHAM, Mass. EH&E, a provider of environmental and engineering consulting services, has won the 2014 IFMA Boston Excellence Award for Best Practices in Sustainability for a joint project conducted with Brigham and Women's Hospital .
- Needham Named in List of 'Top Communities in Massachusetts' July 23, 2014GoLocalWorcester this week announced its third annual Best Communities in Massachusetts List.
- Head for the Coast at Volante Farms July 25, 2014